WHAT IS THE DISTRICT DOING TO ENSURE THE CLEANLINESS OF OUR FACILITIES?
I commend the safety measures being taken by our staff right now to disinfect our facilities to kill the coronavirus, and to practice social-distancing if they must be at work. Canton City Schools is following guidelines provided by the Ohio Department of Health in this area, including:
- Taking temperatures of staff before entering buildings
- Regularly disinfecting “high touch” surfaces
- Sanitizing supplies
- Removing chairs to encourage distance
- No community gathering in lunch rooms, etc.
- No sharing of equipment without first disinfecting
- Staggering breaks for lunch
- Abiding by the 6-ft rule
- Washing hands and not touching faces
Further, we encourage employees to not travel at this time, to stay home after work, and to go home if exhibiting any symptoms.