CCSD approves the distribution of:
- Flyers that promote an educational experience for students or parents, a healthy use of leisure time and/or a special enrichment activity.
- Information targeted to staff that announces job-related activities and instructional opportunities related to the CSD curriculum.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Be submitted in both English and Spanish in the same document. Flyers can have multiple pages, and you will only be charged for one flyer. Please provide an accurate translation – be advised that Google Translate is not sufficient, and your flyer will not be approved.
- We ask that the finalized flyer be submitted electronically as a pdf file, not to exceed 6 MB in size, for approval consideration.
- Approval of your flyer does not imply District endorsement of any identified product and/or of services.
- Flyers will not be approved unless they have met the above-mentioned criteria
CCSD does not approve the distribution of:
- Materials for projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a particular political party, political organization or political viewpoint.
- Materials for projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a particular church, religious organization or religious viewpoint.
- Materials for events deemed not suitable for children.
PLEASE NOTE: This message and any response to it may constitute a public record, and therefore may be available upon request in accordance with Ohio public records law. (ORC 149.43)
Dissemination of the information does not reflect the district’s endorsement or sponsorship of the activity or organization. In consideration of the privilege to distribute materials, the Canton City School District shall be held harmless from any cause of action filed in any court or administrative tribunal arising out of the distribution of these materials, including costs, attorney’s fees and judgments or awards.
Robyn Matulich, from the Communications Office shall review and determine whether the materials are approved for distribution to students.