J. R. Rinaldi
Fiancé: Kim. Children: Chelsee, 26; Nick, 22
Current employment, volunteer activities, committee memberships, etc.
- Executive Specialist, City of Canton Building Department
- President, Canton Parks/Recreation Commission
- Past President, Canton Joint Recreation District
- Retired, Certified Professional Equipment Manager, Milwaukee Brewers Major League Baseball Club
- Board Member, Be a Better Me Foundation
- Former Board Member, J.B. Stearn Community Center
- Volunteer, Pro Football Hall of Fame Game Day Equipment Staff
- Volunteer, Canton City School District
- Active member, Local Ironworkers Local 550
Number of years in education and/or affiliation with CCS
- CCS volunteer, thirty-two years
- BOE member, 2003-2008, 2013-present
- Past BOE Vice President, 2006/2015-2017
- Past BOE President, 2007, 2015
- CCS Parent/Grandparent 1997 to present
I serve on the Board of Education for the Canton City School District because:
I serve on the BOE because I feel that strong leadership at this level is crucial. A strong school system is vital for our community. As a current CCS grandparent and taxpayer, we must have BOE leadership who can look at our financial forecast and make tough decisions.
My most memorable moment at Canton City Schools:
As a current parent, volunteer, and BOE Member, I have many wonderful memories of Canton City Schools. Most memorable would be watching my children graduate from Canton McKinley High School.
What inspires me:
What inspires me the most are the unsolicited comments from community members encouraging me and letting me know that they are counting on me.
The best advice I was ever given or can give:
A wise man once said, “The greater good is about our success.”
In my spare time I like to:
In my spare time I like to volunteer in our community to make Canton a better place to live.